The following is reprinted with permission from one of my favorite speakers/authors, Richard Weylman:
Secrets of Success
There are several key lessons to learn that are necessary for success, whether that be in business or your personal life. Here are some of the most important keys:
1. Be trustworthy! Whether you are dealing with clients, family members or friends, it is absolutely imperative that they know you can be trusted. You can establish this trust by being completely open and honest in all of your dealings (this includes being willing to admit your mistakes), exhibiting competence in your actions, and showing concern for others and their needs.
2. Listen, listen, listen! Focus on the other person rather than always doing the talking. Not only does this help build a relationship with them, but you can also glean information that may be important to you in other areas.
3. Be persistent – but not obnoxious! Don’t give up too soon on that prospect, however be sensitive to when your persistence is causing them to view you as desperate.
4. Focus on the person, not your product. This might sound counter-productive when your end-goal is to sell your product. When you establish a relationship with the person first though, they will turn to you over and over rather than just buying once.
5. Be prepared! Spend time researching and planning. This builds confidence in you and your ability.
The successful person is the one who is constantly educating and evaluating themselves and how they relate to others. Success means nothing without true, trusted, personal relationships!
Richard Weylman speaks and consults and is the author of the bestselling book, Opening Closed Doors. He is the founder of The Weylman Center for Excellence in Practice Management ™
, an online university and resource center. While he specializes in helping you elevate your success in the affluent marketplace, his principle-based information is applicable to anyone in business whose desire is to add value to their relationships and create a high income. You can learn more about Richard at www.WeylmanCenter.com.”
Enjoy this post? Receive an update when our next post is published by entering your best email address below and clicking Get Updates.
Thank you so much for sharing Richard Weylman’s Secrets of Success. I love that they are practical and can be easily applied to any situation, but at the same time, if you don’t practice them you will not achieve the prosperous results needed to be successful. 🙂
With greatest regards,