Recently, on my Facebook Page I suggested 5 steps for positive self-change.
- Awareness: We must be aware that there is a need for change before we are in a position to begin doing so.
- Desire: The desire to change must be greater than the discomfort of leaving the status quo.
- A System: We need a process for predictably achieving our goal based on a logical and specific set of how-to principles.
- Action: Thought and intention are great, but without action being put into the mix, no change can possibly take place.
- Small Successes: Waiting for a huge victory before celebrating can be counter-productive at best, and debilitating at worst. So, be sure to take pleasure in building on your small successes along the way.
My friend Ali Rodriguez added another one, and that is surrounding yourself with encouraging friends.
So true. Having a support system of people who will root for you, encourage you and even hold you accountable adds significant value to those first five.
Additional thoughts? Let’s…crowd-source some good suggestions. 😉
Thanks to you, my newest book, Adversaries into Allies has had some very nice initial success. Have you picked up your copy of my new book, Adversaries into Allies yet?
If not, visit www.AdversariesintoAllies.com and get Chapter One.
If you have purchased the book, be sure and let us know so you can obtain immediate access to the five brief videos — covering the Five Key Principles of Ultimate Influence — that are my thank you gift to you.